Today, democratic institutions find themselves under attack. Looming threats from everywhere seek to unravel the fabric of democracy. We see evidence of this in the news everyday. But there is hope. This book tells a sweeping story visiting history, political theory and even cognition itself on the journey to a solution. But, can we resolve this problem before our democracy lies in ruin?
Written by the founder of the True Democrats, Jode Himann, The Democratic Quality Vector spans politics, history, culture, progress, revolution, epistemology as well as biology, sociology, neuroscience, mathematics and even psychedelic drugs, Himann weaves together a spellbinding tale of how humanity’s quest for truth has ended in the crisis now facing modern democracy.
The book concludes with innovative research into a new form of mathematics based on 6-dimensional spacetime that resolves the imperfections of the rationalist quest for truth, by introducing the new technologically-inspired concept called the Democratic Quality Vector (DQV). The potential outcomes has the potential to change the way we understand truth and also create a new system that can address the vulnerabilities of modern democracy. The book argues for true political freedom that can be achieved by employing the DQV to practically implement proxy voting – the idea that democratic voters ought to have the right to delegate their votes to others (and to revoke said delegations), as they see fit.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. A New Way to Decide
- 3. A Brief History of Fake News
- 4. Scientific Knowledge & the Cold Hard Facts
- 5. The Value of Knowledge
- 6. Can We Trust Our Own Thoughts with Innate Cognitive Biases & Human Limitations?
- 7. Drugs, Knowledge and Culture
- 8. Adding warmth to cold hard facts
- 9. The Search for a Universal Metric
- 10. The Universal Metric Applied to Biology
- 11. The Preferential Math of the Universe
- 12. The Democratic Quality Vector
- 13. The Value of Social Capital
- 14. The Need for a Democratic Quality Vector
- 15. A Emergent Psychometric from a Six Dimensional World View for Economic Delay Discounting
- 16. DQV Application to the Legal System
- 17. Radical Transparency in Crown Corporations / State-Owned Organizations, the Legal System and the Law Society
- 18. Information Overload
- 19. Enhanced Political Freedom
- 20. DQV Experiment: The Corporation
- 21. Conclusion
- 22. References